Repair Terms and ConditionsThese are the terms and conditions governing the repair of your products by PC Expert Services
- PCE will repair your product as described and for the charges shown on your estimate or invoice form (unless such charges are revised with your oral or written consent). When the product is covered by warranty or an extended service contract, then you need to contact the manufacturer directly that governs the warranty. You will be responsible for any additional charges applicable under your product's warranty or extended service contract described on your estimate form, including any applicable tax or shipping fees. PCE may subcontract with other service providers for the repair of your product.
- PC Expert Services provides Free Repair Estimates for Laptops and Gaming Consols. A minimum repair estimate fee of $29 will be applied to Desktop PC, All-in-One PC, Server Tower, Gaming Desktop PC, Mac Pro, Mac Server. The repair estimate fee is none refundable.
- Even if we repair your product that is under warranty or extended service contract, you will pay PCE the amount shown on your repair estimate form. Your payment is due when the product is returned to you. Unless specified otherwise, the estimate amount includes all parts, labor, and certain transportation required for the repair of the product plus any apllicable tax. We may hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee on your estimate form, plus any applicable tax, if PCE inspects your product, provides a repair estimate for you, and you do not authorize PCE to undertake the repairs for the estimated charges. If we determine, while inspecting your product, that repairs are needed due to failures of parts that are neither supplied by PCE or are needed due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or misapplication, we reserve the right to return the product to you without repairing it, and will hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee on your estimate receipt, plus any applicable tax.
- If the requested repairs require labor and/or parts not specified on your estimate receipt, PCE may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that PCE may revise the charges, PCE may return your product and hold you responsible for the diagnostic fee and including the labor fee shown on your estimate receipt, plus any applicable tax.
- PCE may use new, used or recondioned parts. PCE will retain the replaced part that is exchanged under repair service as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts may be repairable and are exchanged or repaired by PCE for value. If applicable law requires PCE to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay PCE the additional cost of the replacement item.
- If your product is repaired outside of warranty, PCE warrants that the repairs will be performed in a compentent and workmanlike mannerand that all parts used to repair your product will be free from defects in materials and workamship for a period of thirty (30) days, unless otherwise specified by PCE.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITED BY LAW, PCE AND IT AFFILIATES, WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INDCIDENTAL ORCONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM PERFORMANCE OF ANY REPAIR SERVICES,INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATES PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH YOUR PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOU PRODUCT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS. PCE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (I) REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, AND (II) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY PRODUCT SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN PCE'S CUSTODY, PCE'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. PCE IS NOT LIABLE FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR YOUR CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR REMOVEABLE DATA. BEFORE YOU BRING YOUR PRODUCT IN FOR ANY REPAIR SERVICE, YOU SHOULD MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR DATA AND REMOVE ANY CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND REMOVEABLE MEDIA SUCH AS FLAOPPY DISKS, USB FLASH DRIVES, EXTERNAL CD/DVD DRIVES, CDS OR PC CARDS.
- If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within ten (10) days after being notified by PCE that your product has been repaired, PCE will charge $15 per day and after thirty (30) days consider your product abandoned. PCE will provide such notice to you at the mailing adress you furnished when you authorized the repairs. PCE may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable provisions of law, and, specifically, may sell your product at a private or public sale without liability to you. PCE reserves its statutory and any other lawful liens for unpaid charges.
- If repair service involves transferring files or data (no programs or applications), you represent that you have the legal right to copy the data and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize PCE to backup and transfer the data (no programs or applications or licenses) and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
- PC Expert Services will not install any licensed programs or applications (purchased or free) on clients computer (desktop, laptop, notebook, tablets, iPhones, mobile phones, or server). Client is responsible on installing all their programs or applications on their electronic devices period.
*** It is clinet responsibility to backup the license(s) of any program(s) or application(s) (like Microsoft products, AntiVirus, iTunes, Adobe etc.). PC Expert Services will not be held liable if any of the license(s) are lost or erased during any hardware repair.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the state of California (without giving effect to its conflict of law provions). If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision will no longer be part of the Terms and Conditions, and the Terms and Conditions will be enforceable as though that provision never was a part of them.
Amendment of PCE practices and this Policy
This statement is in effect as of November 1, 2003. PCExpertServices.com will from time to time review and revise its privacy practices and this Policy. In the event of any amendment, an appropriate notice will be posted on this website. Policy changes will apply to the information collected from the date of posting of the revised Policy to PC Expert Services website as well as to existing information held by PC Expert Services.
If you have any questions about the REPAIR TERM AND CONDITIONS, please contact us at 949-351-3373.